If your job is shaped or defined by Information Age technologies and science then it is at risk if fake news influences our economy like it has our recent elections. Fake news is the purposeful posting of unsubstantiated claims to create an emotional connection. Fake news shaped, some would say defined, Election 2016. Now fake news is poised to reshape our economy by targeting companies and products with unsubstantiated claims that advance a political, social or religious agenda.
As an individual or business are you ready for the fake news economy? Continue reading
Posted in Economy
Tagged america divided, Bill Roth, Earth 2017, fake news economy, global warming, green business coach, heartland america, human health, Information Age, manufacturing innovation, Robotics, smart tech
Does Thanksgiving stress you out? It used to be so stressful for me. There is so much GREAT tasting food. Pumpkin pie with whipped cream, YUM!
Now I enjoy Thanksgiving stress-free. I can do so because I have a plan for enjoying Thanksgiving while still continuing my weight loss journey. Here are four key elements of my plan. Continue reading
A new study was published that found eating broccoli and avocados will make us look younger! And it gets even better. Research has found that the nicotinamide mono nucleotide in these foods, when consumed at a heavy dosage, delivers these additional benefits:
- better skeletal muscle
- improved liver and eye function
- enhanced insulin sensitivity
- improved immune function
- increased physical activity levels.
Here’s some ever better news. Americans are eating more broccoli. The U.S. Agriculture Department estimates we eat about 8 pounds of broccoli per year. This is almost double our consumption of broccoli from 1990. Feel good about that when you have some broccoli this week!
BUT…now compare those 8 pounds of broccoli to the approximately ONE TON (1,996 pounds) of food we individually eat each year.
Some shocking insights on what we consume!
Even thought we are eating more healthy foods like broccoli we are still in a national weight crisis. Here are the facts that explain why:
- We eat about a TON of food every year!
- We consume 630 pounds of diary products. We are talking about milk, cheese, and ice cream. That represents 31% of the ton of food we eat annually.
- The good news is that we eat 415 pounds of vegetables. The bad news is that most of that is corn and potatoes. Think french fries and corn on the comb slathered with butter. Not good for our health and weight loss.
- We eat an equal amount of meat and grains. We consume 197 pounds of grains (bread) and 185 pounds of meat (beef, chicken, pork).
- We consume almost as much sweetener as grains and meat! We consume 141 pounds of sweetener. Think soda.
McDonald’s just reported a 3% revenue decline. This is a stunning reversal in the company’s history. From 2005 to 2013 McDonald’s grew revenues by almost 50% or $10 billion.
Why did McDonald’s see their sales fall? In a word, millennials! Continue reading
Posted in Business, Diet
Tagged Bill Roth, Earth 2017, fast food, green business coach, healthy food, Healthy living, McDonalds, millennial moms, millennials, Moraga California, Moraga Moms, The Boomer Generation Diet